Dr. Jean supports teachers and learning in many ways. The Rules Rap is a favorite with many teachers as it helps at the beginning of the year to get off to a good start and it works well as reinforcement throughout the year especially around the holiday seasons.
Dr. Jean’s songs are on iTunes. The Rules Rap is on the CD Is Everybody Happy?
Has anyone ever told you that you cant sing? Ive been told that myself many times. Thats the great thing about children. They dont know you cant sing if you put a smile on your face and act enthusiastic.
Someone once reminded me that a gift from the heart is always received by the heart.
Tooty Ta is another favorite among Dr. Jean’s fans, but she has many popular songs on her 17 CD’s and 2 DVD’s.
Kids, parents and teachers could improve learning by singing every day in class and at home.
Here are the top ten reasons to SING every day!
1. When you sing your brain emits endorphins, and endorphins make you happy! Emotions are critical to learning.
2. Music is multi-sensory. The more senses you get going to the brain, the more likely the message will get there.
3. Music is powerful for prior-learning. If children are exposed to concepts while singing, it is easier for them to learn when formally introduced.
4. Music nurtures phonemic awareness (alliteration, rhyme, etc. ).
5. Songs and chants are a natural way to develop oral language and auditory memory.
6. Poems and songs lay a foundation for fluency and enhance short term memory.
7. Children are able to use their imaginations and create pictures in their brains when they sing.
8. Repetition is a key to learning. It is much more fun to repeat songs than worksheets!
9. Singing and dancing relieve stress and oxygenate the brain.
10. Through music and movement ALL children can feel successful. These patients didnt recognize family members, but when they heard the music they tapped their feet, sang the words, and smiled! So many things that we do in our classrooms will be forgotten, but the songs will be stored in childrens brains for a lifetime! What a privilege to be able to do this!